Social & Environmental Responsibility
We must be sensitive to our environment…
We care deeply about the environment and do everything possible to protect our planet for future generations. Our policy is to carry out all our business in a way that will lessen or eliminate any adverse ecological effects, which is a task when you ship substantial quantities of wine from Australia and distribute globally.
For as many years as we can recollect, we have operated with a virtually paperless office. We send no printed price lists or catalogues. All our wines are offered by email and on our website. Our invoices are sent by email and customers are encouraged to pay online or by bank transfer.
• Since May 2016, all of our packaging is 100% biodegradable.
• 100% of all glassware is recycled.
• 100% of all wastepaper and supplier packaging is recycled.
For the second year running, The Vinorium has been accredited as a Carbon Neutral company.
What is the Carbon Footprint Standard?
The carbon footprint standard draws on and pulls together the leading standards in assessing, reporting and offsetting emissions. It is an internationally recognised standard that enables businesses to promote their low carbon credentials, whilst giving their customers confidence that an internationally approved process has been followed and verified against. The standard can apply to organisations, services, products and events.
There are three levels of the standard:
1. Carbon Footprint Standard – Assessed
2. Carbon Footprint Standard – Reduced
3. Carbon Footprint Standard – Carbon Neutral
Welcome to a cleaner Vinorium
The Vinorium Ltd has always looked to serve and embrace the local community. At all times we seek to communicate openly and fairly with our suppliers and to ensure that the needs of our customers are being met. These values are ingrained in the very essence of the company and in each and every person that works at The Vinorium Ltd. We are committed to maintaining these values and building on them wherever possible.
Our Philosophy & Values
The Vinorium Ltd are committed to minimising our environmental impact and ensuring that we treat our employees, suppliers and partners in a positive and respectful way. This is not merely because we believe that all modern businesses should act in this way – although, it would be remiss not to accept that reducing a company’s social and environmental footprint makes good economic and commercial sense.
Respecting Our Environment
We care deeply about the environment and do everything possible to protect our planet for future generations. Our policy is to carry out all our business in a way that will lessen or eliminate any adverse ecological effect.
To meet our environmental objectives The Vinorium Ltd is committed to:
- Operating a virtually paper-less office. We send no printed price lists or catalogues. All our wines are offered by email and on our website. Our invoices are sent by email and customers’ are encouraged to pay online or by bank transfer.
- All our packaging comes from 100% recycled paper.
- 100% of all glassware is recycled.
- 100% of all waste paper and supplier packaging is recycled.
- Initiating measures to prevent and reduce pollution.
- Undertaking a regular review of all our activities with a view to achieving continual improvement in our KPIs.
- Prioritising energy-efficient equipment when making new purchases.
- Taking the environment into account in all major business decisions.
- Ensuring that employees work in an environmentally responsible manner.